Thursday, January 29, 2009

Project Judith

Yesterday, ice and 20 degree temps kept my son out of school and me at home. This morning was very heavy with fog and there were patches of ice on the sidewalks, but otherwise it was a good walk. I have prayed the rosary as of this morning for 29 days in a row.



For the past couple of days, I have felt the urge to make a whole gift of myself to the Lord - to consecrate myself entirely to Him for His purposes. Last night, I was praying again for this and then asked God to show me the words He had for me. I opened it up to the Gospel passage about Peter's denial of Christ. It seemed to me that Christ was asking me whether I truly thought I was strong enough, faithful enough, ready enough for the cup of suffering that would come as a result. I know myself, and I know that I am a much weaker person even than Peter was, so I told the Lord that though I knew I was not strong enough, nor faithful enough, nor ready enough if He would only lend me His strength to face the coming ordeals, I would not disappoint Him.



I think this must have pleased the Lord, for this morning His word opened to the Book of Judith. One woman, her maidservant, and the Lord face an army bent on destroying the people of the Lord and emerge victorious. Evil holds the people of America in sway, and they cannot fight it for they are deluded by it.

1 comment:

Custom Packaging Solution said...
This comment has been removed by the author.