Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Battle Rages On

Today is Barrack Obama's inaguration as President of the United States. In some senses, it is a victory for us as a nation for we have our first African American president. For we who are Christian and pro-life, it is the gravest tragedy, however - a sounding of the end to any hint of moderation and an open declaration of intent to not just continue but increase the bloodshed which has been going on since 1973. Fifty million babies aborted in the US alone - an entire NATION put to death for the crime of having been conceived and nothing more. Worldwide the figure is 859 million and growing. My heart grieves for the world. I know God will not permit this to continue indefinitely.

On a much happier note, last night my husband suggested - on his own & without my prompting - that he start getting up when I do, we make the bed together, and then pray together. Praise God for all that He has done! He also told me that he intends to begin attending daily mass with me once he has been confirmed. WOW!! 19 days of praying the rosary.

No comments: