Saturday, March 14, 2009

God Doesn't Make Junk

Journal entry from January 21, 2009

Last night, for the first time in two months, Randy and I dialogued. It felt so good. The question was how the statement, "God doesn't make junk" made us feel. For the first time in our relationship, my husband wrote that he now believes this is true. He has felt worthless for so many years, and I watned so badly for him to see himself as worthwhile. I knew if he could just believe in God's love for him, it would happen. I praise God I have been here to witness this. What greater gift can I have than a husband who sees himself as worthwhile, for out of that fountain of grace he will fidn the courage to become all that God intends him to be.

This is the 20th day of having prayed a daily rosary. I have not yet prayed it for today, but I will. It fills me with joy to know that I have been able to live up to this devotion and pledge. How sweet the rewards that have come of faithfulness.

Interesting note: a friend of mine was at morning mass today and I shared with her my husband's conversion. She joked "watch him become a deacon" and then told me the story of Augustine who was confirmed, ordained, and became a bishop all on the same day! I am seeing strong signs pointing towards this path for my husband. God seems to be moving him along very rapidly.

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd